Interactive Art Director
|Benefits:||Health, dental, and vision coverage; 401k match & profit sharing; Flexible Spending Account with Debit Card; Life Insurance; Tri-Met Pass or parking credit; Connectivity credits; Numerous other perks|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Pop Art is looking for an interactive art director who will help us and our clients lead the digital revolution.
On a day to day basis, we have fun making some really cool things happen with design, marketing and software. Longer term, we are trying to have a huge impact on our industry and the world.
The Interactive Art Director We Are Seeking (Is this you?)
Skills and Experience:
- You are a crafty digital designer who is interested in design thinking and innovation.
- You have a ton of experience building brands, web sites, mobile apps, social media campaigns, and user interfaces.
- Words, graphics, UI & UX are all in your domain. You can make a great design and come up with a great headline too.
- You have solid time management skills. You are well organized and capable of effectively working on multiple accounts or projects in a single week. You want project managers who will help you produce a project, not be your secretary.
- You have experience presenting your work to clients and accepting feedback gracefully.
- You can effectively source and manage design subcontractors when needed.
- You embrace that great work is defined much more by business outcomes than it is by awards and portfolio.
- At Pop Art, we dance to our own drummer. You will impact the culture here; but you are also willing to adapt
- You are ambitious and long-term focused. You are willing to work “whatever it takes” to build a great company, to advance your career and to produce great work
- You pump yourself up about B2B, Non-Profit and Government Projects, not just consumer-facing work.
- You are proactive with a “bias for action.” If you see a weak process, you invent a better one.
At Pop Art, you will find:
- A multidisciplinary team.
- A variety of great clients, ranging from Global 50 corporations to start-ups.
- Creative work environment in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon (our new HQ will be NE 3rd & Couch – April 2014).
- Plenty of work. Many projects at a time. Fast-Approaching Deadlines. An “anything is possible” attitude.
- A company that pays attention to industry best practices, but isn’t afraid to write its own rules.
- An experienced leadership team that values all of the disciplines that go into making a great interactive agency.
- A company that invests in its people.
- 7+ years of design experience as a senior designer or art director (preferably at a digital agency)M/li>
- Relative job stability
- Experience with complex UX projects
- Familiarity with best practices (including prototyping) in GUI/UX design
- The ability to tell compelling stories and deliver a great pitch
- Hands-on proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- Must have an online portfolio to submit when you apply
By the way, it would also be really nice if you have:
- A four-year undergraduate degree (or greater)
- Proficiency with After Effects, Final Cut or Premier
- Familiarity with agile project management methodologies
- Illustration skills
- Strong writing skills
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.