|Benefits:||Health, dental, and vision coverage; 401k match; Flexible Spending Account; Life Insurance; Tri-Met Pass or parking credit; Cell Phone and Home Internet credits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Pop Art is looking for a creative director who will help us and our clients lead the digital revolution. Founded in 1997, Pop Art is a small, independent, integrated marketing agency that specializes in interactive.|
Lead with Interactive®
We believe that companies and brands should be asking:
• “How can we make our products and services more interactive?”
• “How can we use the interactive medium to help people connect with each other?”
• “How can we use technology, design and communication in new ways to revolutionize our business, our industry and society at-large?”
Like Apple, we think we are different from others in our industry. We are more ambitious. We are more long-term focused. We focus on accounts and programs, not projects. We make investments in our people, processes and systems to maximize the total return.
We eschew production jobs. We are not here primarily to win awards or have a cool portfolio. We live to make a big impact, to make money and to have fun while doing it.
Unlike larger agencies, we are much more agile, which allows us to help our clients learn and innovate beyond what they thought was possible.
Portland, Oregon – A World-Class Creative City
Pop Art is proudly located here in Portland, Oregon - a rapidly growing, world-class city known for its livability and independent spirit.
Urban planners visit from all over the world to study Portland. We have one of the largest intra-city park systems and innovative public transit, not to mention gorgeous beaches and mountains within a 90-minute drive.
The winters are mild and the summers are gorgeous. We have many gray days, but it doesn’t rain nearly as much as it does in Seattle or Vancouver. (And we have better coffee and beer than they do.) Sometimes we have traffic jams, but they are mild compared to San Francisco, Seattle or Los Angeles. As a result, people in Portland have more time for work and play.
From designers to artists and software engineers, Portland’s creative scene is thriving. We are also home to an increasingly impressive collection of successful start-ups.
Our office is in the vibrant down-town area. Most of our team members take Portland’s amazing public transit to work. Others bike or walk to work. A few take a short commute by car.
What you will find at Pop Art:
• A multi-disciplinary team of co-workers who are smart, hard-working and look out for each other
• Really great clients, ranging from the Global 50 to start-ups
• A company that pays attention to industry best practices, but isn’t afraid to write its own rules
• An experienced leadership team that values all of the disciplines that go into making a great interactive agency
|Duties:||Our diverse client roster keeps us busy. You'll be leading the creative team to help our clients imagine new futures. This includes prototyping new directions and reinventing processes. Tactically, it includes hands-on direction of web sites, mobile apps, brand identity and software user interfaces.|
We have a small team and plenty of work. We have billable targets, fixed budgets and fast-approaching deadlines. We also have an “anything is possible” attitude and minimal bureaucracy.
We are lean and mean, so you have to have a versatile skill set to effectively handle the multi-faceted and wide-ranging role.
|Qualifications:||First and foremost, you need to eat, sleep and breathe interactive. You need to be fully immersed in the digital world.|
Required Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years of design/ad agency experience
• Extensive experience as a CD or ACD at a digital agency
• Experience with complex UX projects
• Familiarity with best practices (including prototyping) in GUI/UX design
• The ability to tell compelling stories and deliver a great pitch
• Hands-on proficiency with Adobe CS5 (Photoshop and Illustrator are required; bonus points for Flash, Fireworks and After Effects)
• An online or PDF portfolio to submit when you apply
• A burning passion for the craft of design and the power of digital
• A strong desire to learn new things and experiment
• Strong attention to detail
• Grace under pressure
• Flexibility and open-mindedness
• A willingness to put in extra effort to get things right
By the way, it would also be really nice if you have:
• A four-year undergraduate degree (or greater) in Design/Art/Illustration/Marketing/Advertising
• Experience developing marketing plans
• Strong writing skills
Pop Art is an equal opportunity employer.